Are you looking for the best car insurance in Qatar? If so, you are in the right place. Finding the right insurance policy for your car can be a challenge in Qatar. There is a wide range of insurance providers and policies, with each offering a different set of benefits and features.
However, with the right knowledge and understanding, you can find the policy that’s right for you. In this post, we’ll outline some of the best car insurance providers in Qatar, as well as some of the key features to look for when choosing a policy.
Continue reading if you are looking for the best car insurance in Qatar!
Top Car Insurance Companies In Qatar
Qatar has a big car insurance market since this is a growing industry and car insurance is mandatory in the country.
There are many car insurance companies in Qatar, but we have selected the top 5 car insurance companies for you. The following are the 5 best car insurance companies in Qatar with a brief introduction of plans and benefits that they offer:
AXA Car Insurance
AXA Gulf insurance company is the best car insurance company in Qatar. AXA Insurance Company is known for its high-quality insurance products and services. The company offers a variety of insurance products, including health, property, and causality. AXA offers 10% off its motor insurance services in Qatar when obtained online.
There are mainly two types of coverage available through AXA car insurance. These include:
Third-Party Car Insurance: A third-party insurance policy covers both bodily injury and property damage sustained by the third party of an insured automobile.
Comprehensive Car Insurance: This insurance policy provides coverage for you, your passengers, and your vehicle. If the car is 15 years old, you can still obtain comprehensive auto insurance coverage. You will benefit from the following services:
- Loss or damage caused by theft, explosions, or accidents to cars.
- Material damage and physical injury.
- Compensation for personal belongings by car loss.
- Personal injury and property damage liability for third parties.
AXA car insurance also offers the following additional services:
- Off-road coverage.
- Roadside assistance.
- Car breakdown recovery.
- Workshops at AXA for repair.
- When a car is totally lost, you are compensated for all the cost of the car without devaluation for 12 months.
- In case of a claim, car replacement coverage is available.
Website Link: https://www.axa.qa/
Qatar Insurance Company (QIC)
Qatar Insurance Company (QIC) is one of the leading Qatar insurance companies with the largest market share. The company offers a full range of motor insurance products including comprehensive car insurance, third-party coverage, and fleet management.
QIC’s unique claims process provides fast and convenient service to all customers, while also offering customers multiple ways to settle their claims. It is easier for the Qatar Insurance Company to process claims efficiently due to an agreement with the traffic department.
If you have any questions or need assistance, the QIC hotline customer care service is always available. QIC offers mandatory third-party and comprehensive car insurance policies. These policies cover the insured and third parties’ medical costs. QIC offers about a 10% online discount to those who apply online.
Furthermore, the company offers many additional insurance coverages, such as:
- Off-Road Cover.
- Roadside Assistance.
- Personal driving services.
- Coverage for Off-Road 360.
- Flood, Strike, Riot, and Storm Coverage.
- Providing claims management services.
Website Link: https://www.qic-insured.com/Online/Welcome.do
Doha Insurance Group
Doha Insurance Group (DIG) is a prominent and leading insurance company in Qatar. The company provides high-quality products and services. It offers a wide range of insurance products such as health insurance, travel insurance, and car insurance for individuals and businesses.
The company offers comprehensive and third-party car insurance policies. Comprehensive car insurance covers bodily injury and mechanical breakdown sustained by the insured and third parties in an accident.
Comprehensive plans also include the following additional benefits:
- Free repairs for the first year.
- No deductions on the restoration of spare parts for the first year.
- Roadside assistance.
- Insurance reimbursement for all passengers injured in a crash.
Your third-party liability plan covers bodily injury to third parties and their property damage as well as bodily injury to you and your passengers.
Website Link: http://www.dig.qa/
Arabia Insurance Company (AIC)
Arabia Insurance Company (AIC) is one of the best car insurance companies in Qatar. It focuses on providing adequate coverage, handling claims in a timely manner, continual product development, and keeping up to date with technology.
Since 1944, it has been providing insurance services providing various types of insurance cover for individuals and businesses throughout Qatar.
AIC offers a number of different policies for drivers in order to provide car insurance that best suits the needs of its customers while offering them competitive prices. AIC provides third party liability coverage as well as comprehensive financial protection.
The AIC car insurance coverage includes the following:
- Car dents and scratches
- Roadside assistance
- Replacement of the car
- Costs of personal injury to the driver and passengers
- Third-party material damage
- Repair of the car at different dealership workshops
Additionally, AIC offers additional coverage for:
- Windscreen damage.
- Medical expenses of the driver and representatives of the insurance company.
- Flat tires.
Arabia Insurance Company provides comprehensive coverage for damage caused by theft, short circuits, ignition, or malicious intent to the automobile.
Website Link: https://www.arabiainsurance.com/en
Libano Suisse Insurance
Libano Suisse Insurance is one of the best car insurance providers. The company offers a high level of customer service and top quality products. It offers many insurance products to suit your needs.
Third-Party Liability insurance covers any interior or exterior damage caused by an insured vehicle to another person’s vehicle if it is involved in an accident. Furthermore, this proposal also provides Collision and Total Loss plans.
The Compulsory Insurance Policy covers the damage to both the insured vehicle and the driver, as well as the third party. The company offers A “Markaba” or all-risk motor insurance policy that covers damage to a vehicle owned by the insured or a third party. The policy also covers bodily injury.
Under Markaba, the insured vehicle is covered for any damage sustained by theft, fire, or hold-up. Moreover, All Risk Motor Insurance plans include coverage for car replacement, registration fees, and total loss of a motor vehicle. This plan also offers personal accident benefits and roadside assistance.
Website Link: https://www.libano-suisse.com/english/home
Types Of Car Insurance In Qatar
In Qatar, there are two major types of car insurance. These are:
Third-Party Liability Car Insurance
Third-party car insurance is the minimum legal requirement, but you may purchase extra coverage if you wish. It covers you for any third-party claim for damage or injury caused by an incident in which you are at fault. But it does not cover your own costs, such as damage to your own equipment or vehicle.
In Qatar, the vehicle rather than the driver is insured. In other words, anyone with a driving license can drive a vehicle once it is insured. If your car is not valuable or you don’t drive often, it’s worth considering.
Fully Comprehensive Car Insurance
Fully Comprehensive Insurance provides full coverage and covers all costs, even if you are fully at fault.
This type of insurance is the most extensive form of insurance. It protects you against theft, hijacking, fire, and natural disasters, as well as claims made against you by third parties when liable for damage to their vehicles. Additionally, some policies offer breakdown assistance.
However, some policies are excluded. They typically include:
- Off-road driving incidents.
- Traffic violations you have committed.
- Intentionally damaging the car.
- If you use the vehicle for purposes other than those specified on the policy (For example if you insure it for work-related purposes but use it for personal purposes).
Furthermore, some comprehensive policies offer a limited amount of legal or medical coverage, and some companies refuse to insure vehicles over five years old. Therefore, before signing the policy, be sure to look at the specific policy exclusions and conditions.
Some companies also offer an intermediate insurance plan. It covers third-party liability, accidental damage, and theft to your own vehicle but will not cover your costs in accidents where you are at fault.
Additional Forms Of Car Insurance In Qatar
Car insurance companies in Qatar offer a wide range of extra insurance options along with the main policy in addition to main car insurance policies. Most companies include some of these with comprehensive policies, while others may not include certain third-party coverage (for example, for older cars).
Most car insurance companies in Qatar offer their customers the following types of extra coverage:
- Off-Road Insurance: Off-road car insurance refers to an additional policy that covers damage or loss to a vehicle if it is driven off-road. A standard policy does not cover driving on unpaved or sand dunes. However, it covers all terrains.
- Roadside Assistance: Roadside Assistance plan provides the insured driver with on-road assistance services if their car breaks down on the road. These plans cover towing, repair costs, and replacement vehicle costs.
- Personal Accident Insurance: This additional cover provides financial protection for the owner-driver and their loved ones in case of accident-related injury or death. It covers all medical costs.
- No-Claims Protection: It helps you retain your No Claim Bonus (NCB) discount even if you filed a claim during the previous policy period. If you have never filed a claim, you receive the NCB discount on your own-damage premiums for every claim-free year.
- Agency Repair Insurance: In the first year of your vehicle’s registration, your car brand’s agency will handle repairs, but after that, your insurer will choose a shop to handle them. If you want to choose where your car is repaired, you can add this insurance to comprehensive policies.
- Engine Protection: This policy protects the insured against expenses incurred as a result of an oil spill or water ingress that may damage the engine.
How To Make A Car Insurance Claim In Qatar
Car insurance companies in Qatar offer several ways for customers to submit a claim. If you need to make a claim for car insurance in Qatar, you can call the insurance company or visit the local branch.
Nowadays many companies allow you to submit a claim via email or online. You will need to provide all the necessary documentation.
To file an insurance claim in Qatar, you need to provide the following information:
- Insurance claim form.
- Police report for accidents that involve the police.
- minor road traffic accident (MRTA) form for minor accidents not involving police.
- A copy of the insurance policy number or certificate.
- Car registration details.
- Driving license and ID details for all parties involved.
- If possible, provide photos.
Is Car Insurance Mandatory In Qatar?
Yes, car insurance in Qatar is compulsory and it is one of the most popular insurance products within the expanding industry.
How Much Is The Cost Of Car Insurance In Qatar?
In Qatar, the cost of car insurance may differ depending on the driver’s age and driving restrictions. Premiums for car insurance in Qatar depend on the car’s current value.
In general, premiums are in the range of 4-7 percent of the value per year, depending on the level of coverage. However, some companies charge a minimum premium. For example, the cheapest premium they offer is QR 1,000.
Additionally, they take into account the age and driving history of the driver. Your premiums will rise if you have a higher risk. The insurance policy usually includes deductibles and excesses. By increasing your excess, you can lower your premiums and save money if you never need to file a claim.
Can I Get A Bonus For Car Insurance In Qatar?
You can get car insurance bonuses in Qatar. Each year, insurance companies offer discounts for no-claims bonuses, which results in a reduced premium. No-claims policies vary from company to company. The insurance companies usually offer 10% off after a year of no claims, and the discount increases each year, reaching 50% after several years without a claim.
Insurance companies in Qatar often consider a no-claims history with other companies when calculating your premium if you can provide proof.
Can I Sell My Insurance When I Sell My Car?
No, This is because your insurance premiums are calculated based on your driving record (and the value of your car).