AXA is a leading company in the Middle East and one of the largest insurance companies in the world. It offers services both to individual consumers and to corporate and business clients. For the past 68 years, the company has been operating in the Gulf region and provided services to Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, as well as the UAE (United Arab Emirates).
AXA Insurance Qatar is known for its high-quality insurance products and services. The company has a team of experienced professionals who are dedicated to providing the best possible insurance services to their customers.AXA has a workforce of over 800 employees throughout the region, as well as 25 branches and retail shops.
It offers a wide range of services including casualty, property, and health insurance. Apart from car insurance, AXA also provides home insurance, life insurance, travel insurance, health insurance, and other more niche products such as golf, yacht, and art insurance. AXA also offers motor fleet insurance for businesses.
AXA is always committed to serving you with products and insurance plans that make life easier and better.
Pros & Cons
- Provides different types of insurance
- Flexible payment terms available monthly or annually
- Provides affordable insurance plans
- Excellent website (provides a lot of information and support)
- Provide excellent customer service
- Not available in all countries
- The cost of AXA insurance policies can be high, especially if you’re young or have a health condition.
Available Types Of Insurance
AXA company has more than 107 million customers and the company operates in more than 54 countries. AXA Insurance Qatar offers a wide array of insurance options. Here is a list of the different types of insurance that AXA Insurance Qatar provides:
AXA, the largest global insurer in Qatar, provides a range of car insurance coverage options to match your needs while ensuring excellence and quality across all their products and services.
Main Covers OF Car Insurance
With AXA car insurance, there are mainly two types of coverage available. These include:
Comprehensive Car Insurance: It protects you, your passengers, and your vehicle. Even 15-year-old cars can benefit from comprehensive car insurance. The premium includes:
- Compensation for loss or damage to the vehicle caused by fire, explosions, or collisions.
- Compensation for damage to your vehicle, including personal belongings.
- Third-party liability against personal injury and property damage.
Third-Party Car Insurance: Third party auto insurance covers you against liability for third party injuries and property damage. In other words, it covers the damage that you cause to another person, their vehicle, or their property. All Qatari drivers are required to have this coverage.
Additional Benefits OF Car Insurance
In addition, AXA motor insurance benefits provide the following additional services (according to the product you select):
- Off-road coverage.
- 24/7 Roadside assistance.
- Auto repair at AXA workshops.
- Recovery of car breakdown.
- In case of the total loss of the car, compensation is provided for the entire cost of the car for 12 months without any devaluation.
- Replacement of the covered vehicle in the event of a claim.
In Qatar, AXA offers a 10% discount on its motor insurance services when purchased online. Under third-party policy coverage, the insured automobile’s third party will be covered for personal bodily injury and damage to property.
Cons Of Car Insurance
- If you are involved in an accident, your rates will increase.
- You may be required to provide a police report.
- If you are at fault in an accident, you may have to pay for the damages.
The company offers comprehensive travel insurance to cover your needs while traveling. AXA’s travel insurance plans offer you broad protection for your trip.
Benefits Of Travel Insurance
Travel insurance from AXA offers a lot of benefits to meet your needs, including:
- Loss of Personal Baggage, Personal Money & Passport: If your luggage such as your Personal Baggage, Personal Money & Passport is lost or stolen while traveling, AXA will help you cover the costs associated with getting them back.
- Medical Expenses & Transportation: If you fall ill or get injured while traveling, AXA will help to cover the cost of your medical expenses. In addition, they will help arrange transportation to a better-equipped hospital at your residence or a nearby hospital.
- Baggage Delay: AXA will cover the cost of essential items such as clothing, toiletries, and medications in the event of a baggage delay (more than 12 hours after your arrival at your destination).
- Trip Cancellation & Interruption: If your flight is delayed longer than 12 hours due to the weather, strikes, mechanical or technical problems, and you have to cancel your trip short, AXA will reimburse you.
Cons Of Travel Insurance
- It doesn’t cover certain risks, like those associated with adventure sports.
- The insurance is not valid in all countries.
Check whether the terms and conditions of your travel insurance are valid in the countries you are visiting.
However, if you’re planning a trip to Qatar, be sure to check out AXA Travel Insurance, and rest assured that you’re covered in case of any eventuality. AXA offers its travel insurance plans at very reasonable prices so it is affordable for everyone, whether traveling to Dubai or Europe.
AXA’s home insurance products provide protection from a range of potential risks, including natural disasters, burglary, and accidental damage. Types of home insurance include:
Benefits of Home Insurance
Below are some of the benefits AXA home insurance provides:
- Building Cover: AXA home insurance covers you against accidental damage, breakage of fixed and sanitary fixtures, and more to your home including the cost of rebuilding or repairing it.
- Contents Cover: It covers loss or damage to contents caused by fire, explosion, lightning, falling objects, earthquakes, and falling objects. It covers your belongings in your home, such as furniture, clothes, carpets, etc.
- Tenant Cover: This insurance covers you if you are legally responsible for damage to your landlord’s property.
- Worldwide Personal Belongings Cover: It covers valuable items including passports, driver’s licenses, legal documents, jewelry, etc., which you carry outside your home.
- Owners & Occupiers Cover: The policy also covers any claims made against you or your family.
If any unexpected home emergency occurs, you can also benefit from their Home Assistance Emergency Repair Service. They will send their professionals to take care of your emergency and ensure your home is protected against further loss or damage from occurring.
You can get comprehensive home insurance easily and affordably. In addition, the insurance provides protection for your home while it is unoccupied for 60 days.
Cons Of Home Insurance
- It may be more expensive than other providers
- It is not available in all areas
Therefore, it’s important to make sure that you check before signing up. Overall, AXA home insurance Qatar is a good option for those looking for comprehensive coverage.
AXA Health Insurance Company provides comprehensive health insurance plans that can meet your needs. AXA Health Insurance gives you access to quality healthcare, both in Qatar and around the world, with a policy that is tailored to your needs. A wide network of hospitals is part of the insurer’s coverage.
Benefits Of Health Insurance
There are several benefits that you can get from AXA health insurance, including:
- Worldwide Emergency Medical Assistance: AXA health insurance provides coverage for emergency medical expenses incurred due to illness or injury while traveling.
- Healthcare At Home: When you need long-term care, you can expect to receive quality care. The insurance provider has a panel of healthcare professionals who will treat and support you at home if that’s what you need.
- Dental cover: AXA provides a network of dental practitioners you can visit to receive treatment. With user-friendly reimbursement rates, you can enjoy great savings.
- Cancer Cover: It covers diagnosis, treatment, and surgery related to cancer in Qatar.
- Accidental Death Cover: This cover provides cover for death or permanent total disablement caused by an accident. If you die in an accident, AXA will provide a lump sum amount ranging from AED 25,000 to 150,000.
- Pre-Existing And Chronic Health Conditions: AXA Health Perfect covers pre-existing health conditions from day one (when you buy it). No matter if it’s a chronic medical condition or not.
Cons Of Health Insurance
- It does not always cover pre-existing conditions.
- In some countries, AXA health insurance is not available.
- Making a claim can be a complicated and time-consuming process.
- Less comprehensive than other options.
Overall, AXA health insurance in Qatar is a good option for those looking for basic coverage. However, it is important to read the terms and conditions carefully before signing up, as there may be some exclusions or limitations to what is covered.
If you are looking for more comprehensive coverage, there are other options available that may be better suited to your needs. Talk to an insurance broker to find out more about your options and compare policies to find the best one for you.
The following are some other types of insurance offered by AXA:
- Yacht Insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Art Insurance
- Golf Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Relocations Insurance
For more information about these insurances (mentioned above), please visit their website: https://www.axa.qa/
The Process Of AXA Insurance Claims
There are several ways to submit a claim with AXA insurance Qatar. The most common way is to go through the company’s website. The website offers a user-friendly platform that makes it easy for policyholders to file a claim. On the website, there is a guide that provides step-by-step instructions on how to file a claim. You can find it under the “Claims” section.
As soon as your claim has been registered successfully, you will receive an email containing your claim number. After that, AXA will send you an email explaining how you can proceed.
In addition to filing a claim online, you can also file a claim by calling the claims team at 800 2921.
To file a claim, you must have some documents depending on what type of insurance you have. So, visit the company’s website to discover exactly what documents you need.
For example, to claim car insurance, you need to have the four following documents on hand:
- Driver’s license
- Policy number
- Copy of registration card (or Mulkiya)
- Police report
How To Choose Car Insurance In Qatar
To find the best and most suitable deal for your car insurance in Qatar, it is wise to shop around. There are a few things you may want to consider in addition to premium costs:
- No-Claims Policy – what discounts are available and could you transfer periods of no-claims from another company?
- Excess/Deductible Policy – what is the mandatory excess and how much can be reduced by increasing it?
- Roadside Assistance – is this included, if not, how much extra is required, and what level of coverage is provided?
- Policy Coverage – does it have any notable exclusions, can they be added for an additional cost, and what will the cost be?
- Claims Process – how do you submit a claim and how long does it take to process?
- Company Reputation – how many reviews or ratings does the company have? Find out what customers have to say about the company on its website, social media, or online review sites.
AXA Auto Insurance Discounts
AXA offers a wide range of discounts on car insurance, so you’re likely to find a price break that suits you. The following discounts may be available depending on your state:
- Multi-policy discount: AXA offers a discount if you purchase more than one policy.
- Multiple vehicles discount: If you have more than one car insured with AXA, you will get a discount on each one.
- Online Purchases discount: AXA offers a 10% discount when buying motor insurance online.
- Loyalty discount: If you have been a customer of AXA for more than three years, you will get a discount on your premiums.
- Claim-free discount: You will get a discount on your premium if you haven’t made any claims in the past year.
- International renter’s insurance: AXA offers an international renters insurance policy that can cover people who are traveling abroad.
- New customer discount: If you are a new customer, you can get a discount on your first policy.
- Senior citizen discount: If you are over the age of 60, you can get a discount on your premiums.
- Young driver discount: You can get a discount on your insurance if you are a young driver.
Can I Get A Quote Before Buying A Car?
Yes, It is possible to get a quote before purchasing a car. However, you can only insure the vehicle in your own name when you complete the purchase.
Can Other People Drive The Car Insured By AXA Under My Name?
You can allow others to drive your car while still being covered by AXA insurance. Just keep in mind that they must have had their driving license for more than a year and be over 25 years of age.
Is It A Good Idea To Claim Car Insurance?
It’s not a good idea to claim car insurance for minor mishaps. Car insurance is designed to cover risks and damages. In the event of a higher risk, car insurance may be more expensive. If you make frequent insurance claims, it will be difficult for you to avoid a hike in your premium. If you make a claim on your policy, these factors can be affected:
- No-Claim Bonus
- Future premium cost
- Ability to get insurance later
Therefore, it is a good idea to avoid small claims and to make claims only when there is a great loss. In order to keep premium rates from increasing, policyholders must be cautious with their claim handling and vigilant about adverse claim histories. Do not file claims for minor mishaps like minor dents on the bumper or body of the car.